Congressional Democrats success at selling numbers produced by the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] which are based on assumptions which no one believes got me to thinking. Perhaps we can outsource the CBO to other organizations which could benefit from such rigorous wishful thinking.
If CBO is allowed to produce financial projections for private industries, these headlines might be coming to a blog or newspaper near you:
- Higher taxes not expected to adversely impact economic growth
- Government workers are actually more motivated than those who are self-employed
- Strong unions not seen as an impediment to productivity
- Family economic hardships have no effect on decisions to divorce
- New Oreo diet rocks the world of nutrition
- Insecurity and indecisiveness seen as aphrodisiacs by women [courtesy of Albert Brooks]
- New federal government entitlement to pay for itself [this study is being offered at a discount, given that it has already been used].