I don’t know how his material will hold up, but no matter. I will remember him fondly. Pucho ‘Cartucho’ Fernandez made my friend, fellow sports degenerate and current Herald Boxing writer, Santos Perez, laugh on literally hundreds of occasions in either listening to his material [classic ‘pero why not’ riff], but more often recalling that which [inexplicably] made us laugh back then. Truth be told, we knew he wasn’t any Richard Pryor, but he was ours [Cuban-born] dammit. Just learned that he was the son of the more-famous comedian, ‘Tres Patines’. Godspeed Leopoldo Fernandez.
Search the 2TG Blog
2TG Blog Post Categories
Pre-owned 2TG Blog Posts
Recent 2TG Blog Posts
- Christians on the rack, Brooks on the couch
- The Schilling effect
- Jorge Ramos: Small man with even smaller ideas
- MLS stadiums – facts vs emerging conventional wisdom
- Wade opts out, but its McRoberts who will go
- People of faith deserve to be remembered by people of faith
- Miami Heat’s ideal post-season
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.